The Recording Department, located inside the Clay County Courthouse in Green Cove Springs, is home to millions of official and court records – and much more. Recording Department staff can assist you with many requests and functions:
Our office strives to record documents expeditiously in the order they are received; however, there may be times that unforeseeable circumstances may result in the delay of recording your document, such as delayed mail delivery or natural disasters. If you have a time-sensitive document, we suggest you visit one of our locations or consider using an E-Record service.
Any affected person has a right to request that a county recorder or clerk of the court add information to a publicly available Internet website against whom a Final Judgment of Injunction for Protection of a Minor is entered, unless the respondent is a minor. Such request must be in writing and specify the case number. To make a request contact the Clerk’s office by mail or in person at 825 N. Orange Avenue, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043.
For recording, indexing and filing any instrument 14″ x 8.5″:
|a. First page||$10.00|
|b. Each additional page or fraction thereof||$8.50|
|c. For indexing instruments recorded in the Official Records which contain more than four names, per additional name||$1.00|
For examining, certifying and recording plats and condominium drawings:
|a. First page||$30.00|
|b. Each additional page||$15.00|
|For recording certificate of discharge, separation, or service of veterans||No fee|
|For copies of certificate of discharge, separation, or service of veterans||No fee|
|For recording Affidavit of Domicile||$10.00|
|For Acknowledging Affidavit of Domicile||$5.00|
Copy and Certification fees
For making copies by photographic process of any instrument in the public records:
|Pages of not more than 14 inches by 8-½ inches, per page||$1.00|
|For certifying copies of any instrument in the public records||$2.00|
|Pages more than 14 inches by 8-½ inches, per page||$5.00|
|Copy of BCC meetings on video||$5.00|
For recording and indexing:
|First page or fraction thereof||$5.00|
|Each additional page or fraction thereof||$4.00|
|Indexing per additional name after the first 4||$1.00|
- Deeds: Documentary stamps must be placed on any deed or other like instrument conveying any interest in real property (land) at the rate of 70 cents per $100.00 property valuation, rounded up to the next highest hundred dollars.
- Mortgages: Mortgage Modifications: Documentary stamps must be placed on these instruments at the rate of 35 cents per $100.00 consideration.
- Agreements and Contracts for Deeds: same as above on Mortgage amount AND Documentary Stamps at 70 cents per $100.00 on purchase price (just as if a deed were being recorded, this will NOT have to be paid again when the deed is recorded)
Intangible Tax Requirements
This tax applies to notes, bonds or other obligation for payment of money secured by a mortgage or deed of trust (or other instrument of similar nature having the effect of a mortgage upon real property). These documents are taxed at the rate of 20 cents per $100.00 consideration. This stamp is computed to the nearest cent.
Requirements for Recording Any Interest in Real Property
- Document must be properly acknowledged and under seal.
- Document must have a proper “prepared by” statement.
- A blank 3″ x 3″ square on the first page and a blank 1″ x 3″ horizontal square on each page thereafter to be recorded.
The Recording Department is supervised by Manager Jewel Baskin.
(904) 269-6302, ext. 2205 or (904) 529/278-3714