Effective January 1, 2024, all civil traffic citations issued on and after January 1, 2024 shall be payable within 30 days after the issuance of the citation per FS 318.14(4)(a).
If you choose to attend a Driving School, you MUST elect that first, prior to paying your citation.
If you attend driving school prior to paying your citation, it will be an automatic adjudication of guilt and points will be assessed to your license. Review Option 2 (below) for more details.
Traffic Infraction Deadline and Options for Payment
Civil traffic infractions must be paid within 30 calendar days from the date the citation was issued. Failure to pay may result in a Driver License suspension and a reinstatement fee of $60. A late fee of $23 will be assessed to all unpaid traffic infractions.
When you receive your citation, you have three options:
Option 1- Pay the Fine
- You must make payment to the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller within 30 calendar days of the date the citation was issued.
Choose your method of payment:
- Online using Visa, Mastercard or American Express
- In person using cash, personal or cashier’s check, money order, credit or debit card. Please note that our office only accepts personal checks with the name and home address pre-printed. All personal checks must be from a bank located in the state of Florida.
- By mail using a personal or cashier’s check or money order.
- Mail payments to:
- Office of Tara S. Green, Clay County Clerk of Court and Comptroller
- Judge William A. Wilkes Judicial Complex, Attention Traffic Department
- P.O. Box 698 , Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
- By phone using credit or debit card: 904-531-3325
Please have your citation number ready when calling. All credit/debit card transactions are subject to a 3.5% convenience fee.
Option 2- Attend Driver Improvement School
Driving school MUST be elected prior to paying your citation. If you attend a driver improvement school and do not elect this option prior to payment, it will be an automatic adjudication of guilt and points will be assessed to your license.
- You may choose to elect driver improvement school if you meet the following criteria:
- You have not attended driver improvement school within the last 12 months.
- You do not hold a Commercial Driver’s License.
- You have not elected to attend driver improvement school more than five (5) times in a lifetime.
- You will have 90 days from the date traffic school is elected to complete the course and return the certificate to our office. Failure to complete traffic school once elected will result in additional fees, license suspension and the points being assessed to your driving record.
- You may check your eligibility to elect driver improvement school by visiting www.flhsmv.gov.
- Access a list of Basic Driver Improvement courses approved by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR DRIVER SCHOOL CERTIFICATE HERE
Option 3- Request a Court Hearing- Deny the Violation
- You must notify the Clerk of the Circuit Court and Comptroller within 30 days of the date the citation was issued to request a civil hearing to be scheduled.
- The law enforcement officer that issued the citation will be present at your hearing as well as any witnesses listed by the officer.
- If the Court finds you committed the offense, you may be ordered to pay a fine and/or attend a driver improvement school.
Victim Impact Panel (VIP class)
- Youth VIP- Held once a month for teens 18 years old and under at the Clay County Administration Building, 4th Floor, 477 Houston Street, Green Cove Springs, Florida.
- Registration for Youth VIP is facilitated through the Civil Traffic Department, please contact our office for registration and VIP class questions. (904) 278-3666.
- Adult VIP- Sign up online at www.MADDVIP.ORG
Dismissal of Traffic Ticket
If you have been charged with the following violations:
- Vehicle Tag F.S. 320.07(3)(a) and 320.07(3)(b)
- Vehicle Registration F.S. 320.0605(1)
- Failed to Exhibit or Carry Driver’s License F.S. 322.15(1)
- Insurance F.S. 316.646(1)
You may have the violation dismissed by providing proof of a valid registration, driver’s license or insurance along with payment of the $10 fee to the Clerk of the Court and Comptroller, within 30 days of the date the citation or ticket was issued. This option is only available in cases in which your registration, driver’s license or insurance was valid at the time the citation or ticket was issued.
Red Light Camera Tickets
If you have received a red light camera notice of violation, you have 60 days to pay the violation. Payments made within 60 days of receipt of the violation are made directly to the vendor, Intersection Safety Program. If you have any questions during this time frame, or if you wish to request a hearing, you must contact the vendor directly at the address below. If you fail to remit payment within 60 days, the violation will become a Uniform Traffic Citation (UTC). The Clay County Clerk of Court and Comptroller does not have any control over the installation and operation of red light cameras inside any jurisdiction.
Intersection Safety Program
P.O. Box 22091
Tempe, AZ 85285-2091
Green Cove Springs Police Department:
Orange Park Police Department:
Traffic Department personnel, under the supervision of Manager Wendy Rodriguez, are available to assist you. Call (904) 278-3666 Monday – Friday.