Skip to content
How Do I

Criminal Appeals

The Criminal Department handles all appeals from convictions and court rulings for Circuit and County Court.  For information on how to appeal a judgment and sentence or ruling, you may contact an attorney or conduct research in the Florida Statutes and/or the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure.  Additional helpful information can be found in the Florida Appellate Practice Section Pro Se Handbook. The Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure has sample forms to assist you in filing an appeal.

Appeal processing fees must be paid at the time the Notice of Appeal is filed with the Clerk’s Office.


Notice of July 4th Holiday Office Closure

Our offices will be closed on 7/4/22, but we look forward to assisting you the remainder of that week. Remember, many services are also available here online, even when our offices are closed (online payments, record requests, form downloads, etc).  Thank you and have a safe, enjoyable holiday.